Dekati has nearly 30 years of experience in providing high end aerosol research instrumentation and sample conditioning solutions to universities, research institutes, and laboratories all around the world. Dekati® Instruments and sample conditioning systems have a long, exquisite track record of scientific publications and our in-house R&D continuously develops new are more accurate ways to characterize different aspects of aerosols.
Aerosol particle research with Dekati® Products
Dekati® Instruments are widely used within aerosol research field for many different types of particle research:
- Aerosol and air quality research
- Occupational health and safety studies
- Emission research and studies
- Combustion process research
- Engine emission research
- Brake wear emission studies
- Nanoparticle research
- Pharmaceutical inhaler research
How to measure particle size?
When you need to measure aerosol particle sizes, Dekati selection of fine particle measurement instruments includes several real-time and gravimetric instruments for the size-segregation of fine particles based on their aerodynamic diameter. With the High Resolution ELPI®+, the particles can be classified into up to 500 size-fractions in real-time. We also provide instruments for determining standardized PM size fractions, such as PM10, PM2.5 and PM1.0. All Dekati® Instruments use a single measurement technology throughout the entire specified particle size range from a few nanometers up to 10 micrometers. Dekati has instrumentation suitable for:
- Particle size and concentration studies
- Particle shape and density studies
- Particle charge state studies
- Chemical composition, microscopy, or SEM/TEM studies of a size-segregated aerosol
How to measure ultrafine particles?
Ultrafine particles are particles with diameter smaller than 100 nm or 0.1 µm. Although the concentration of UFPs is in most environments not regulated, they may pose a higher health risk as they can more easily enter lungs and bloodstream. Measurement of ultrafine particles is not possible with many commonly used fine particle monitoring instruments but require specific technologies that are capable of detecting nanometer scale particles. Dekati particle detection technologies are designed to detect not only micrometer scale coarse particles but also ultrafine particles, all with one measurement technology.
Dekati® solutions for ultrafine particle measurement
How to measure particle concentration?
Dekati provides complete solutions for real-time determination of number, mass, and surface area concentration of aerosol particles. Our instruments also enable determination of the charge state of particles in different size fractions in real-time. In addition to real-time instrumentation, our comprehensive selection of aerosol research instrumentation includes several systems to determine gravimetric PM concentration of airborne particles.
- Particle number concentration
- Particle LDSA concentration
- Particle mass concentration
- Net charge of size-classified particles
- Bipolar charge of size-classified particles
How to dilute and condition aerosol and particle samples?
Dekati has a market-leading selection of aerosol dilution and conditioning instruments from simple pre-cut devices to computer controlled automated dilution systems. Applications for these systems range from cleanroom technology and laboratory use to dilution and conditioning of combustion generated particles from engines and stationary sources. Our dilution and conditioning devices are designed to enable particle measurements from any sample concentration, temperature, and pressure.
- Dilution systems
- Pre-separators for removing large particles from the sample
- Sample dryers for removing humidity from the sample
- Catalytic strippers for volatile compound removal
- Sampling nozzles for isokinetic sampling
- TSP, PM10, and PM2.5 inlets